Safety Precautions for All Electrical Appliances
It is essential that the product user exercises care when using an electrical appliance. Listed below are precautions which are essential for the safe use of an electrical appliance:
- Read carefully and save all the instructions provided with the appliance.
- Always turn the power off at the power outlet before you insert or remove a plug. Remove by grasping the plug – do not pull on the cord.
- Turn the power off and remove the plug when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning.
- Always use your appliance from a power outlet of the voltage (A.C. only) marked on the appliance.
- Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not use an appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Do not place an appliance on or near a hot gas flame, electric element or on a heated oven. Do not place on top of any other appliance.
- Do not let the power cord of an appliance hang over the edge of a table or bench top or touch any hot surface.
- For safety reasons and to avoid maintenance by unskilled persons, some appliances are ‘sealed’ using tamperproof screws. Such appliances should always be returned to the appointed service centre for adjustment or repair if required.
- Do not operate any electrical appliance with a damaged cord or after the appliance has been dropped or damaged in any manner. If damage is suspected, return the appliance to the nearest appointed service centre for examination, repair or adjustment.
- For additional protection it is recommended the use of a residual current device (RCD) with a tripping current not exceeding 30mA in the electrical circuit supplying power to your appliance.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid unless recommended.